Phil Tomson wrote:
> Some of the threads here recently which touch on the issue of virtual
> machines have gotten me interested in the design of virtual machines and
> bytecodes.  Does anyone out there know of any books, web sites, etc which
> cover the design of virtual machines (improving performance, design of
> bytecodes, types [stack based vs. register based], etc)?

There is a course on OO VM Design and Implementation, with slides and
papers available for download at:
	http://www.daimi.au.dk/~larsbak/

I have not read it, though. I don't know if it's good, but it seems to
cover lots of aspects.

--
Pierre-Charles David (pcdavid <at> emn <dot> fr)
DEA Informatique, ?cole des Mines de Nantes, France