------art_49499_2163687.1154265313905

On 7/28/06, Charles O Nutter <headius / headius.com> wrote:

> I hate to make a plug here, but threads under JRuby are native and a
> single
> one blocking on IO will not prevent others from running. It's still quite
> bit slower than C Ruby, but for many applications it's definitely fast
> enough.

 I assume I'm misreading you but it sounds like you're saying that Ruby's
green threads block whole processes on I/O. This is not true. I've hit the
Windows-specific problem that is the subject of this thread several times
and I think it's either a Ruby-build issue or a Windows-specific
implementation bug. It shouldn't take 18+ months to find and fix it.

------art_49499_2163687.1154265313905--