On 7/28/06, dblack / wobblini.net <dblack / wobblini.net> wrote:
> Actually I don't think I answered your question.  Looking at your
> example again, it does look odd.  "HEREDOCabc" would be ignored,
> whereas "HEREDOC " causes a failure.  I'm not sure why.

Seems to be specific to the "<<-" notation.

irb(main):001:0> s = <<HEREDOC
irb(main):002:0" bla bla bla
irb(main):003:0" HEREDOC
irb(main):004:0" HEREDOC
=> "bla bla bla\nHEREDOC \n"

with a space at the end of line 3 works as expected.

--
Regards,
John Wilger

Alice came to a fork in the road. "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
- Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland