Yes, I too have lots of segfaults when running FXRuby.  I don't
believe it has anything to do with Ruby; but rather with Fox.  At
least I got past each one by retructuring the Ruby source to
handle Fox in a different way. One such segfault was explained to
me by the designer as "intentional," alerting me to the fact that
I had not done something I was supposed to have done.

--
"It requires wisdom to understand wisdom:
 the music is nothing if the audience is deaf."