Tiberius wrote:
> The equivalent C program under RedHat Linux 3 update 6 x86_64 produces
> |     test|
>
> Also, I ran your ruby code in ruby 1.8.4 (2006-12-24) and it also
> produces the same results as the C code does.

That's interesting. I just tried the same on linux (Gentoo) and you're
correct, printf in C behaves the same way there. In Mac OS X (10.4) and
FreeBSD (6.1) it does zero pad it as does perl on all platforms. I
wonder why I haven't hit this before and what the reason for the
difference is. Time to take a look at the doc's for the linux version.

--Paul