In article <70a76315.0108261515.42264aa8 / posting.google.com>, "Domingo
Alvarez Duarte" <domingo / dad-it.com> wrote:

> A soluction I saw for that and to facilitate things in the future is to
> create a interpreter struct to hold each instance values, well this has
> the problem that lots of functions should be modified to pass forward
> that pointer, the other possibilitie is to include a pointer reference
> to the RBasic structure pointing to the interpreter struct that it
> belongs, less code changes and the ability to identify from which
> interpreter each object belongs.
>
> Please give your point of view about it !

I was also looking in that direction and fell to the same conclusion!
I guess it neccessitates a lot of work (quite dumb's work since most of
the time it requires global variable calls replacement and function
prototype change) but it should be very rewarding : after that work Ruby
should be *the* embedded language :)) (appart from the C++/exception
problem which can be handled with carefull method).

I still didn't have the courage to identify all the global variables that should
be encapsulated...

Maybe a Ruby guru knows whether its a sensible idea?

Have a nice day,

- Olivier CARRERE