Hi,

Your sample works on my machine.

I suspect you didn't install Ruby/Cairo devel package.

Check /usr/(local/)lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/i686-linux/rb_cairo.h.
If it's not existed, you need to install Ruby/Cairo dev package
first. Then compile Ruby-GNOME2 again.

If you are't be able to fix it,
show me your ruby-gnome2-x.x.x/gtk/mkmf.log.

On Fri, 28 Jul 2006 22:20:50 +0900
"Farrel Lifson" <farrel.lifson / gmail.com> wrote:

> On 28/07/06, anne001 <anne / wjh.harvard.edu> wrote:
> > do you get the same error in irb when you type
> > require 'cairo'
>
> Nope cairo loads fine. It just seems that the GDK::Drawable object
> seems to be missing the create_cairo_context method. According to the
> documentation I've read that code  should work with GTK 2.8,
> Ruby/Gnome2 0.14 and rcairo 1.0 all of which I  have installed. I've
> recompiled and re-installed everything but that didn't work. I just
> want to make sure that I'm using the correct versions or if I'm not
> missing some other required library.
>
> Thanks,
> Farrel

.:% Masao Mutoh<mutoh / highway.ne.jp>