>> "Leslie Viljoen" <leslieviljoen / gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:f204810a0607270629y5117c911m18bb17b9c1b05a34 / mail.gmail.com...
> Seriously though, about the only similarity I can think of is the lack
> of semi-colons.

In particular, the control structure syntax and lack of semicolons (and,
thank God, blocks are NOT, unlike Python, a function of the tabbings!). I
mean, overall, say, converting a snippet of java/php/c++ code to another of
those types, is syntactically similar. Here, it seems, that a lot of legacy
VB code out there can (and then subsequently SHOULD!) be converted to Ruby.

-Ike