> Thanks a lot you guys.  It seems that that specific problem was solved
> when I updated feedtools through gems.  I was using 0.2.25 and now I'm
> on 0.2.26  I notice that the previous poster is on 0.2.27, but I am
> trying to stick to gem installs.
>
> For a follow-up question, anyone know of a good ruby feed validator?

There isn't one.  You need Python for that.

> Currently I crawl what I think are feeds using my own custom crawler:
>
>     feed = FeedTools::Feed.new
>     feed.feed_data = _my_data_returned_from_crawler
>
> I would like to 1) validate the feed before submitting feed contents to
> feedtools 2) try to extract a feed link out of
> _my_data_returned_from_crawler in the case that it is not a valid feed.

If you're thinking about auto-discovery, FeedTools already has that
built-in.  It just doesn't work in some cases (for example, on
Engadget).  This should be fixed in the next release, hopefully.

> I have seen the ruby extension for feedvalidator.org, but unfortunately
> I it won't work for me since I want to keep the validation on my local
> machine.

What ruby extension?  Please send me a link.

Cheers,
Bob Aman
--
AIM: sporkmonger