GFunk913 / gmail.com wrote:
> # Create new table.  Notice how you specify whether a column is indexed
> or not.
> db.create_table(:thing) do |tbl|
>   tbl.add_column(:foo,:dunno_what_to_put)
> end
>
> # Add a record.  You can also use #create.
> rec = Thing.new
> rec.foo = (1..100).to_a
> rec.save
>
> puts Thing.find.first.foo.size    #100

Logan already gave you one way to do this, and, probably from a purely
relational perspective, his suggestion is the right way to do it.

Additionally, I know that ActiveRecord has the serialize class method
that you can use to have the object specified Marshaled into and out of
the db.  I am thinking of supporting that method, just because I want to
stay close to ActiveRecord's api.  The funny thing is, Mongoose
*already* Marhsals all of the data (that's how it stores the table
records).  Right now, I don't think I am doing much data checking in the
#save method, so you could probably get away with declaring the data
type as :string and then just going ahead and saving the array to
rec.foo like you are doing in the example.  It should work.

Of course, in an upcoming version, I will make all of this work the way
it should, i.e. do more data type checking in #save and also give you
the ability to specify which columns you want to serialize.

HTH,

Jamey