Sean Middleditch wrote:

> Some features are fun, and possibly useful, but I still don't at all see
> eval() as being necessary, or even wise.  Sorry.  ^,^  Perhaps I'm just
> too old and set in my ways.

I also dislike eval(), but there are certain circumstances where you can't
avoid it: for example you want to execute something in the context of some
module. If you use member functions or static class variables, then
the Ruby compiler would give parse errors. In this case, you could not solve
this without eval.

I think that this is a misfeature of Ruby, or at least of the parser, but you
can at least solve them with eval.

Christian

--
signature file is under construction