Hi,

I have written a script which sets up a new website on a server.
Obviously this involves a number of steps so I have written a method
which looks like so:

def step(msg)
  print msg + "... "
  yield
  puts "done"
end

The idea being that you write something like:

step("Creating site directory") { [mkdir code here }

This all works fine, except for one thing. I would like the "Creating
site directory..." to show up *before* the yield takes place, and then
the "done" would appear afterwards. Currently the whole "Creating site
directory... done" appears only after the yield has completed, which
might make the user think something has gone wrong with longer steps. I
don't understand why this happens, can anyone explain my options please?

Thanks very much

Jon