Gabriel wrote:
> Any advice or existing publicly available work done for ruby object
> persistence using PostgreSQL for a backend?
>
> I have been looking at "Scoop", outlined in _Building Scalable Database
> Applications_ (Peter M. Heinckiens, ISBN 0-201-31013-9), and Scott W.
> Ambler's paper _The Design of a Persistence Layer For Relational Databases_
> (www.ambysoft.com/persistenceLayer.pdf), which I have seen implemented in
> Java.
>
> We are passing around a lot of collections of objects, and probably
> want to implement proxy objects, and I am pretty sure we will want to
> stay with PostgreSQL as our backend.

For Ruby/DBI (www.ruby-projects.org/dbi) I've written a simple storage system, that
lets you store marshalled Ruby objects in an Oracle or PostgreSQL database (you can add
more DBs; easy extensible) accessible through an arbitrary number of real database fields.

See examples/persistence.rb.

It's a (slow) alternative to Berkley-DBs, that only provide one access-key.

But that is probably not what you are looking for.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Neumann