Kevin Smith <kevinbsmith / yahoo.com> writes:

> --- Conrad Schneiker <schneiker / jump.net> wrote:
> > > I've put up a new version of the Windows InstallShield
> > version
> > > of Ruby, which now includes FXRuby.  A detailed
> > announcement
> > > is at http://www.rubygarden.com/index.php
> >
> > Any (medium to long term) plans for GTK+?
>
> And are you interested in other GUI toolkits? What are your
> size constraints? What level of popularity would a toolkit
> need to be included?

Neither Andy nor I are Windows experts, so for us to consider another
toolkit, someone would have to do the packaging, testing, and support:
we'd basically roll it in to the release as an option. This worked
well with FOX because Lyle has done (and continues to do) all the
work: we basically copy the files into place, add a menu option, and
ship it.

That said, we probably wouldn't want to add every possible toolkit to
the standard distribution. Instead we'd probably create add-ons that
could intelligently install on top of an existing base installation.

Regards

Dave