--- MikkelFJ <mikkelj-anti-spam / post1.dknet.dk> wrote:
> > might try creating two different DLL's with the same
> module
> > name. Maybe it would have a "hello" function that would
> > return a constant string.
>
> I don't want to spend more time on testing this unless it
> would be of direct
> benefit for something. Life is to short and there are too
> many Windows platforms...

I guess my suggestion was only if you didn't believe or
understand the real problem. You do, so nothing would be
gained by the experiment.

> So if Cygwin would just use a different name for each
> version that breaks
> the old, or if Ruby could modify the Cygwin dll before
> linking with it, it
> should be ok. Isn't it possible to link statically to
> Cygwin?

That might be a good option. Another is that I think you
can change the module name of an existing DLL. If you can,
you could just rename it to RBCYGWIN or something that
would fit and make sense.

Just a thought.

Kevin