--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

> Any advice or existing publicly available work done for ruby object
> persistence using PostgreSQL for a backend?

	There isn't one for postgres (that I'm aware of)... not yet at
least.  This last week I started working on a module called ruby-session
that is being designed as a state machine for ruby and mod_ruby
(mod_ruby not required).  It currently supports file based sessions, but
I'm about to extend it to Postgres (then mysql, then a network based
state machine using spread).

	If you're interested, the project is being hosted by
sourceforge.  I haven't put up the actual page yet, but CVS and lists
are all ticking along:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ruby-session/

> We are passing around a lot of collections of objects, and probably
> want to implement proxy objects, and I am pretty sure we will want to
> stay with PostgreSQL as our backend.

	If you'd like to write your own, check out the Marshal and
PStore classes: whickedly cool stuff.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J--