dblack / wobblini.net wrote:
> Hi --
>
> I was just in downtown Portland, taking a lunch break from OSCON, and
> I happened to walk past the Duck Shop!  It turns out that University
> of Oregon's athletic teams are called the Ducks.  I guess if it bats
> like a duck or putts like a duck....
>
> You can shop at the Duck Store, visit GoDucks.com, join the Junior
> Ducks (if you're of the right age), and generally do duck-type things.
> You'll find yourself frequenly enjoined to "get your quack on."
>
> Perhaps next year we can have a duck typing panel, and get sponsorship
> from U of O :-)
Welcome to my home town. :) BTW, the Ducks/U of O are in Eugene. The
Beavers/OSU are in Corvallis. Portland has Portland State, who call
themselves Viking. So ... if it walks like a Duck, it's in Eugene. :)

Me ... I sidestepped all of that and became an Illini. :) But my heart
is with the Cougars. If it snarls like a cougar ...