Jimmy Thrasher wrote:
> Unlike Java and Smalltalk, Ruby doesn't have any file/class bindings.
> So when one wants to, say, reload the contents of a class, checking
> for update, one can't guarantee that simply loading the file that the
> class was first found in would guarantee reloading of all the
> functionality that the class held, since other files could have given
> it more functionality.

Maybe it's doable if we have a hook function that gets called whenever a "class"
keyword occurs. We simply remember the class being extended/created and the current
filename as well as the order in which this happens.
Of course we should also track the adding of singleton methods, but that would complicate
things a bit.

Then at the end we can say which class is spread over which files, can do a simple test
if one of the files has changed, in this case we are able reload all these files.

Regards,

  Michael

--
Michael Neumann