On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 07:47:07AM +0900, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> Ruby.  Lua development is a lot like Perl - a language was developed,
> than features like Object Orientation was put into it later (perhaps as
> an afterthough).

Lua's object orientation is a lot better than Perl's, and much easier
to learn, but it's true that it is not an integral part of the language.
Lua is "the right size" if you expect the scripts to be small, and not
(for example) define their own classes and subclasses. For programming
in the large Ruby or Python are much better.

> Not to mention that LUA, although it was used in a few major commercial
> applications, hasn't been all that accepted - Bioware, who did Baldur's
> Gate (a game that used LUA) has since replaced it with something else in
> it's more recent titles (like Neverwinter Nights).

Yes, I saw that they have created their own language: NWScript
(http://nwvault.ign.com/dm/scripting/course). It is not very inspiring.
Seems to be C with some minor modifications.

// Niklas