------art_162260_5238681.1153783979117

JRuby ought to work fine with any basic Java component library. We have
examples for Swing in the distro, but basically whatever code you'd use to
call Java you can translate directly to Ruby.

require 'java'
include_class "javax.swing.JFrame"
include_class "javax.swing.JButton"

f  Frame.new("my frame")
b  Button.new("my button")

f.content_pane.add(b)
f.pack
f.show

It's pretty simple, and actually makes Swing pretty entertaining to use. It
should work just as well with SWT.

--
Charles Oliver Nutter @ headius.blogspot.com
JRuby Developer @ www.jruby.org