Son SonOfLilit wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I was reading about perl6 on wikipedia for amusement today and I came upon
> the "yadda yadda yadda" operator:
>
> <quote>
>
> if is_true() {
>    for @array {
>    }
> }
>
> The three dots above (...) are syntactically valid in Perl 6 and are called
> the "yadda-yadda operator". "..." can be used as a placeholder for code to
> be inserted later. If a running program attempts to *execute* "...",
> however, an exception <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_handling> is
> thrown. This operator is useful for abstract
> methods<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstract_method>,
> or for marking places where the programmer intends to insert code later.

Well, I guess the question is: how does one insert code later? If you
just have to redine it as one does now, why bother, just use raise
"dude, where's my code!". OTOH, if there some mean by which one inject
code into these locations, well, the use of this would be more
interesting. But I'm not sure how that's done if all you has to go on
is '...'. Also, implemenation might prove a little hairy.

T.