------art_8047_12290556.1153677994562

Hello.

I was reading about perl6 on wikipedia for amusement today and I came upon
the "yadda yadda yadda" operator:

<quote>

if is_true() {
   for @array {
   }
}

The three dots above (...) are syntactically valid in Perl 6 and are called
the "yadda-yadda operator". "..." can be used as a placeholder for code to
be inserted later. If a running program attempts to *execute* "...",
however, an exception <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exception_handling> is
thrown. This operator is useful for abstract
methods<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstract_method>,
or for marking places where the programmer intends to insert code later.

</quote>

This seemed so useful that I thought implementing it for Ruby and submitting
a patch, but then caught myself and wrote:

class Kernel

  def yadda

    raise "Yadda operator reached"

How elegant Ruby is.

Does anyone else think that this is Standard Library material in the making?

------art_8047_12290556.1153677994562--