I've only played around with Ruby Tk on OS X only a little, but my
feeling is that Tk has no concept of a window manager having a screen-
top menu bar rather than window-top menu bars. And I'm pretty sure it
had no concept of a OS X style dock. Therefore, I think you will have
to live with the following:

1. Hide the dock.
2. Adjust your window geometry to exclude the OS X menu bar area.

Not what you want, I admit. Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than
me will reply with a better idea.

Regards, Morton