Sean Middleditch <elanthis / users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
: Ruby is way larger than what I want.  It has tons of features that are
: awesome for application programming, which is great, but is a bit of
: overkill for what would be done in an embedded script.  For example, an
: eval() command requires that the entire parser and compiler be part of
: the language runtime, when an eval() command should never ever be needed
: - if it is, it's a flaw in the language or the code (that's my opinion,
: that's all, please let's not start a flame war on this...)

Uhh... them's strong words, boy.

I was going to suggest that you try basing your design off Guile, the
embedded Scheme environment, but it seems you have a few things to learn
about language design.

Good luck!!