On 7/21/06, Erik Veenstra <erikveen / gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you remember the discussion about monitor-functions and
> metameta-programming?
>
> Well, I've completely rewritten this Module#wrap_method. It
> should be more robust now: thread-safety, better execution
> order of recursively wrapped methods, better execution order of
> method-is-defined-in-superclass, etc.

I just read your paper and it seems very interesting. Please, see my
comments below.

> I added some convenience methods as well: Module#pre_condition
> and Module#post_condition. These are really easy to use!

IMHO these functions need to be renamed. Those names remind me of DBC
and do not fully reflect what they do. Moreover, some kind of DBC
could be implemented using this module and hence you'd have a name
clash.

Good work!

Ed
--
Encontr? a "Tu psic?pata favorito" http://tuxmaniac.blogspot.com

Thou shalt study thy libraries and strive not to reinvent them without cause,
that thy code may be short and readable and thy days pleasant and productive.
-- Seventh commandment for C programmers

I have made this letter longer than usual because I lack the time to
make it shorter.
-- Blaise Pascal