Originally I was using LUA for my embedding stuff, but I switched to
Ruby.  Lua development is a lot like Perl - a language was developed,
than features like Object Orientation was put into it later (perhaps as
an afterthough).

Not to mention that LUA, although it was used in a few major commercial
applications, hasn't been all that accepted - Bioware, who did Baldur's
Gate (a game that used LUA) has since replaced it with something else in
it's more recent titles (like Neverwinter Nights).  The LUA backend is
really nice, I definitely like the way it worked, even it's weird method
of object oriented programming, but it's actual syntax/language seemed a
bit weird to me.  But it's not a good language for non/first-time
programmers.  It's good when only the developer's (and programmers) are
working with it, but not when the average joe-consumer wants to use it
to make "mods" for his favorite game.  Hell, I'm surprised Quake-C was
as used as it was.  But it resembled a well known and well documented
language.