On 25 Aug 2001 05:52:34 +0900, Todd Gillespie wrote:
> Sean Middleditch <elanthis / users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> : I'm wondering how people think of my idea.  I am developing, currently,
> : nothing but the back end.  I haven't the slightest clue what the actual
> : language will look like, even though the backend is already capable of
> : executing pretty simple code (generating byte code with a C API).  The idea
> : is that I am putting all of my effort into developing a very lean and fast
> : backend design solely for embedding into applications (mainly games).  The
> : result is a fairly powerful backend that is language independent.
>
> Have you hung out around perl-porters and talked with the Parrot people?

Last I saw Parrot was an April Fool's joke....

> : If anyone is curious as to why I'm even bothering with this, it is because
> : no embeddable language I've encountered has met my expectation of being (a)
> : easy to embed, (b) fast, (c) easy on the script programmer.  Although, I
> : will admit, Ruby is the best I've seen to date, and it's what I'm currently
> : using as an embedded language.
>
> Have you worked with Tcl yet?  I think it's a pain in the ass to script
> in, but it is probably the easiest-to-embed language anywhere.

Ugly language.  Not what I'm looking for.  My language is intended
mostly for games, which are usually "Scripted" by players who are not
experienced programmers.  Heck, the first large "program" I ever wrote
was in Hexen's Action Script language.  granted, I knew some BASIC and a
smidgeon of C at the time...

Still, TCL isn't what I'm looking for.  ^,^