On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 04:33:51AM +0900, Sean Middleditch wrote:
> If anyone is curious as to why I'm even bothering with this, it is because
> no embeddable language I've encountered has met my expectation of being (a)
> easy to embed, (b) fast, (c) easy on the script programmer.  Although, I
> will admit, Ruby is the best I've seen to date, and it's what I'm currently
> using as an embedded language.

If you haven't already, I suggest you take a look at Lua. It seems to have
been designed with the same goals: to serve as a light-weight extension
language. It was used (modified) by Grim Fandango and Baldur's Gate, among
others.

Check it out and see if it is what you need. Personally, I think it is very
well designed. The only thing I wish is that they would have made variables
local rather than global by default.

// Niklas