[  date  ] 2001/08/25 | Saturday | 04:33 AM
[ author ] Sean Middleditch <elanthis / users.sourceforge.net>

> What I'm wondering is what people think of a "language" like this.  One
> that can have a compiler that understand's a C-like syntax, a Ruby-like
> syntax, LISP-like, whatever, but all runs on one backend, ...

This reminds me of the Common Language Runtime portion of
Microsoft's .NET .

> (a) easy to embed,
> (b) fast
> (c) easy on the script programmer.

On which requirement(s?) is Ruby falling short on?
Would it be possible to change Ruby to suit your needs
better.  If so, what about Ruby would you want to see changed?

--
package wuv'apqvjgt;($_=join('',(*PgtnHcemgt))) # print map "beppu\@$_\n", qw(
=~ s/([HaP])(?!e)/ \U>$1/g;s/^.|:| (?=A)|>//g;y # cpan.org  lbox.org  binq.org