------art_125577_18727382.1153488312204

On 7/21/06, Dimitri Aivaliotis <aglarond / gmail.com> wrote:

> On 7/20/06, Jamey Cribbs <jcribbs / netpromi.com> wrote:
> >

> > If there is a new feature that anyone would like to see in KirbyBase, I
> > will definitely consider it.  Or, if there is a particular feature of
> > KirbyBase that you would really like to see implemented in Mongoose,
> > please let me know.
> >

> One of the great features of KirbyBase is that the tables are
> hand-editable.  I recently had the need to store an Array (and could also
> justify a Hash).  Since these were missing from VALID_FIELD_TYPES, I
> resorted to storing YAML.  Perhaps a new feature could be:
>
> - adding support for Array and Hash (maybe in the form used by irb and
> pp?)
>
> Of course, each element would have to be one of the other supported types.
> Maybe YAMLizing any other type would be conceivable.  Just a thought...
>
> - Dimitri

See, I think that if you need to store an array you should transform it into
a one-to-many relation. Hashes can just be a relation (id, key, value).
Remember, a relational database is not "PStore + Searches". There's always
gonna be an issue of mapping from the objects to the db. (Hence the
existence of things like ActiveRecord and Mongoose's AR-like API.)

------art_125577_18727382.1153488312204--