------art_113954_1104990.1153479132774

On 7/21/06, axel.friedrich_smail / gmx.de <axel.friedrich_smail / gmx.de> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> is there a way to do an io.write  _with a certain buffer size_ ?
>
> I need to do the same as somebody else did in TcL like this:
>
> fconfigure $file -buffersize 16  -buffering none -encoding binary
> -translation binary
>
> puts -nonewline $file [binary format "h*" $string]
>
> Thanks

Not as such I am afraid.

If you do a write of your data having the size you need and flush the
stream, is that not good enough?
If I understand correctly you have alas no control over the OS buffer of the
underlying stream. flushing the stream empties the Ruby buffer but not more.

Cheers
Robert

Axel

--
Deux choses sont infinies : l'univers et la bóŐise humaine ; en ce qui

- Albert Einstein

------art_113954_1104990.1153479132774--