Hey, thanks for the windows update!  Including FXRuby was a good idea.

However, I want to point out a problem that I just came across.
 Basically, I installed RubyWin and ran a few FOX test apps, and
everything worked.  I then removed my custom version of Ruby from
cygwin.  Ran the RubyWin program and received the cygwin DLL error.

Odd.

I switched to dos, ran ruby.  And received the DLL error again.

Very odd.

So I updated cygwin, and forced it to download and install the most
recent version of the cygwin DLL.  Ran ruby, still received the error.

I reinstalled ruby, ran ruby from dos and it worked.  By this point I
was starting to understand what was going on.

I ran Ruby from cygwin, DLL problem.  Ran Ruby from dos, DLL error.

What's happening is that when you run cygwin, and then run Ruby shortly
afterwards, the cygwin DLL is still cached in memory and windows tries
to use the cygwin DLL instead of the one in the Ruby directory (thus
causing the DLL error).  You should probably note in the readme that you
shouldn't run Ruby immediately after running cygwin.

Also, since Ruby appears to not be compatible with the cygwin dll, which
cygwin DLL is it being compiled with?  The one available for download on
the website?  The one I have installed is the one that "setup.exe" will
install right now if you do a fresh install of cygwin.

It really doesn't bother me, I can work around the problem, but I would
like to know which DLL you are linking with so I can try to keep my
cygwin installs synced up.