fr Joel:
# fr Mauricio:
# > Here are a few other minor arguments for MinGW:
# > * availability: MinGW will not disappear the way VC6 did
# > * redistribution: is it allowed to redistribute VC 2005 at
# all? And to bundle
# >   it with other software? A "Ruby devel. kit" (in a similar
# spirit as Instant
# >   Rails) including MSYS+MinGW is at least conceivable --
# would it be legally
# >   possible with VC?
#
# A small addition to Mauricio's point: if a compiler is
# distributed with
# ruby, then that will benefit not just developers but users of
# software
# that depends on C code generators such as RubyInline.
#
# (Personally, my interest is in Cgenerator and the RedShift simulation
# framework. There's no way to distribute a binary extension
# because the
# extension needs to be generated at run time according to the flow
# equations, guards, transitions, and other specifications
# provided in the
# user's ruby code.)

voting: += 2

though, i would prefer for a separate bundle for the pack w included compiler. if that is ok with Curt.

I need the plain binary for the users.
I need the binary+compiler for the developers (yes a ruby developers kit as mauricio pointed).

kind regards and thanks for one-click
-botp