Sean O'Halpin wrote:
> On 7/18/06, Mauricio Fernandez <mfp / acm.org> wrote:
>> A "Ruby devel. kit" (in a similar spirit as Instant
>> Rails) including MSYS+MinGW is at least conceivable
>
> +1 for this idea - a one-click binary installer and a one-click
> build-from-source-kit installer would be great.
>
> Regards,
> Sean

I would *love* a one click installer that would include a
minimal own compiler tool chain and ruby + all standard
extensions as source code. It could build them (optimized
for the actual hardware) during the installation process.

All the gems that don't have a binary version would just
work on such a system... well i guess I'm dreaming.

How big would such a packet be?

cheers

Simon