Jason Tahaney wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Looking for the best way to kill a thread started from
> a TkButton push.
>
> I'm just using one thread that I would like to control
> via a Tk Start button and a Tk Stop button.
>
> The reason for the question is that I'm using a method
> called stop_thread that takes the thread to stop as
> it's argument and simply using thread.kill, and
> setting my button states back to normal ; This for the
> most part works except when I call it from code as
> opposed to from a user event.  The button states do
> not go back to normal for some reason when I call
> stop_thread from code.
>
> BTW it's the tk8.3 lib on win32.

I can't help with your problem exactly, but this sounds like it is to do
with the Binding of the variable(s).
See the Pickaxe book: http://www.rubycentral.com/book/ext_tk.html

An excerpt:
"One small caution when using the code block form: the scope of
variables is not what you think it is. The block is actually evaluated
in the context of the widget's object, not the caller's. ..."

Regards,
  JJ