On 7/19/06, listrecv / gmail.com <listrecv / gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there anyway to shut off cmd's history?
Doesn't appear to be. It used to be "keys off" but on XP:

  C:\>keys /?
  Enables or disables command line editing on DOS system

  This is present for Compatibility with DOS systems. It has no effect
  under Windows XP, as command line editing is always enabled.

> (As an aside, I don't think it's possible to run a console program in
> Windows without going through cmd.exe)

Not true. For example, try double-clicking on a .rb file in Explorer -
that runs ruby as a console program without going through cmd.exe.

Regards,
Sean