Hi --

On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, Morton Goldberg wrote:

> There are two forms of case block and you have sort of mixed them up. Either
> of the following defs of double_it will work. I think the first, using a case
> without a target, is probably what you want, but the second, a case with a
> target (compares target to pattern with ===), can be made to work, too.

That's a more thorough answer than mine, since I didn't think of the
non-targeted case.  But I realize that I never think of it, because
I'm not clear on what its advantages are over a bunch of ifs.  I guess
with multiple things you can do:

   case
   when a == 1, a == 2

etc.

David

http://www.manning.com/black     => RUBY FOR RAILS (reviewed on
                                     Slashdot, 7/12/2006!)
http://dablog.rubypal.com        => D[avid ]A[. ]B[lack's][ Web]log
dblack / wobblini.net              => me