On 7/19/06, Robert Dober <robert.dober / gmail.com> wrote:
> Just another thaught about it, what is wrong with my OPEN.call solution, is
> it not general enough?
>
> Cheers
> Robert

Nothing wrong with it - it's just not an answer to the challenge!

In Ara's second post he notes: "using a const makes it too easy and
will accomplish what i need to do."

The reason it's not so useful to use consts is that it's not
re-entrant (so you can't nest and it's not thread-safe), it pollutes
the constant namespace, it becomes harder to manage the more instances
you have, it's not contained within local scope, etc. so I guess it
wouldn't pass as a general solution. You could probably overcome some
of these issues by using thread-local stacks but then that would
quickly start to get messy and wouldn't address the using out-of-scope
information issue.

However, back in the real world ;), yours is a pragmatic solution that
works as long as you understand its limitations.

Regards,
Sean