Hey!

Thanks guys!

eval(File.read('blah.rb')) in irb does the trick! Though it is rather a
quirky way things are handled:) I've moved over from python and I'm
wondering how people do without this simple feature? I find it
invaluable in test-running my app since I can run it as a whole, still
inspect things, and modify things live as the app is being run. The
alternative to use irb as interactive ruby is great, but it doesn't
allow me to import existing code easily (until now:) and I must retype
everything if I wanted to test it. It's not necessarily for debugging an
app (ruby's got a cool debugger for that:), but testing out features and
functions interactively (what an interactive shell prompt allows us to
do) without having to retype everything into irb. What do you guys use
normally for something like this?

I think ruby/irb -r debug also works but how do I get it to stop
executing after the last line? I can't quite set a breakpoint there.
Will have a look at ruby-breakpoint too thanks! :)