M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
> Is cross-compiling/linking with GCC on a GNU platform a viable third
> option? MinGW tends to lag "real" GCC. Given that you plan a Linux
> release of the One-Click Ruby Installer, could you save yourself some
> hassles with a cross-builder?
By the way, the people who build R for Windows have a very extensive
tool set. The build process, however, is complex, quite brittle and
changes often. I went through it once (on a laptop dual-booted with
Linux :) ) and I must say if you're good at following directions exactly
to the letter, you've got at least a 50% chance of a successful build.
Surely Microsoft makes something a little better than that. :)