Hi,

In message "[ruby-talk:20261] DocStrings"
    on 01/08/24, Ed Sinjiashvili <edsin / swes.saren.ru> writes:

|I was wondering why Ruby methods and classes lack documentation
|strings. It seems to me that self-documented methods and classes are
|very handy. We could use existing docstyle inside these strings and
|generate docs from them.

I think it's the responsibility of tools like IDE or ri.  Have you
ever use ri by Dave Thomas?

% ri readline
The method named `readline' is not unique among Ruby's classes and
modules:
     IO#readline, Kernel::readline
% ri IO#readline
     ios.readline( aSepString=$/ ) -> aString
     Reads a line as with IO#gets, but raises an EOFError on end of
     file.

Thank you, Dave.

							matz.