On Wed, 19 Jul 2006, justin.crawford / cusys.edu defenestrated me:

> Howdy-
> I'm trying to build a simple connection to Oracle using JRuby.  I'm a
> JRuby newbie, so my method may be quite flawed.  But I cannot seem to
> get JRuby to recognize jars in the classpath (demonstration below).  I
> wonder if anyone can see what I'm doing wrong?
>
> $ jar -tf lib/classes12.jar | grep OracleDriver
> oracle/jdbc/driver/OracleDriver.class
> oracle/jdbc/OracleDriver.class
> $ java -classpath "./lib/classes12.jar" -jar
> /usr/local/jruby/lib/jruby.jar

  Mixing -classpath and -jar is not allowed in Java.  I recommend
using one of the wrapper scripts in ./bin in the jruby distribution:

CLASSPATH=lib/classes12.jar ./bin/jruby some_script

  Any followup Java-specific JRuby questions should be done on our
jruby-user and jruby-devel mailing lists on sourceforge (though
in a very short time we will be moving to codehaus).

-Tom

  PS- You may be the first person to try using the JDBC active record
adapter with Oracle.  Report to our lists with any progress you make.

--
+ http://www.tc.umn.edu/~enebo +---- mailto:enebo / acm.org ----+
| Thomas E Enebo, Protagonist  | "Luck favors the prepared    |