I posted a question a week or so now which I got some great help with.
Here I am again I'm afraid! What I am now struggling with is how to add
help. What I want is if the user gets the input wrong three times, I'd
like to print to print

> Press 'h' for help
> You must enter your age as two digits. i.e if you are twenty five, type 25.

here is the original method:
def check_age
  print "Please enter your age: "
  age = gets.chomp
  target = 18..30
  valid = /^\d{2}/

  if valid.match(age)
    if target === age.to_i
      puts 'Have a nice holiday!'
    elsif age.to_i  < 18
      puts 'Sorry, too young.'
    elsif age.to_i  > 30
      puts 'Sorry, too old.'
    end
  else
    puts 'Incorrect input.'
    puts
    check_age     # Try again

check_age
gets

Should I create a class and add a 'show_help' method (putting the
'check_age' method in there as well)? If so, how/where do I call that
method? The method in the above code calls itself. I am a complete
programming newbie by the way.

Maybe we could expand this program to help other new programmers like
myself? The jukebox example in Pickaxe2 seems to fizzle out.