On Jul 18, 2006, at 10:57 AM, Dave Rose wrote:
> James Gray wrote:
>> On Jul 18, 2006, at 9:01 AM, Dave Rose wrote:
>>> ...i have 1.8.2...and i want to do a http hello world program in
>>> a web
>>> browser
>>> entirely self-contained within one computer using 1.8.2 ruby .....
>>> and a
>>> (maybe the in the same ruby program)
>>> hello world using GUI windows within the same computer for a demo
>>> 2 my
>>> company's
>>> sceptics....this computer is win2000 ....
>>
>> Your message doesn't contain a question.  ;)
>>
>> We wish you the best of luck with your demo!
>>
>> James Edward Gray II
>
> oka...how does one do the above two hello world in ruby... and does
> 1.8.2
> windoze one-click installer (v1.8.2.1) also install enough of webbrick
> to do this?
> what is 'required'....

I don't know your situation, but you might want to take a look at
some of the presentational material at: http://www.ruby-doc.org/whyruby
Or some of the screencasts at: http://www.rubyonrails.org/screencasts

Like steve said, there are a lot of things more interesting than
hello world.  Hopefully these documents can help give you some ideas
on how to really drive the point home.  Also, if your skeptics are
coming from Java or ASP, I know there are some good presentations
geared toward converting people. I really liked the ASP video that
showed up on this list about a month or so ago.
-Mat