Right now we're using the method described here ->
http://wiki.rubyonrails.org/rails/pages/HowtoGeneratePDFs under the
heading PDF Form Fill.  It calls pdftk externally, it is not a ruby
binding or anything.  Don't be put off by this being a Rails link, the
technique works just fine without Rails installed.

Rob Kaufman