Fabio Vitale <fabio / sferaconsulting.it> writes:

> I've the need to parse a binary file with the following structure:
> How can I accomplish this in Ruby?

In addition to parsing this yourself using ruby's String#unpack
method, you should also look at the BitStruct extension available at
http://redshift.sourceforge.net/bit-struct/

(And found via http://raa.ruby-lang.org/ by doing a search on
"binary")

Am I the only one who thinks that ruby-forum.com should include in a
prominent place pointers to standard ruby documentation, and to the
Ruby Application Archive?  I don't object to people posting to the
list via the web form at ruby-forum.com, but I think that a prominent
display of common sources of information would help everyone.