Hi!

I know there are Ruby libs outthere that are coming with C extensions.
To get them working you usually do a ruby setup.rb on your
environment. But, having C extensions, they will require that your ENV
has a few more things available (I assume a make, C/C++ compiler at
least).

My environment is a Win XP machine, but I am not doing anything
related to C/C++ (and I haven't done anything for quite a long
time.... so my knowledge became quite rusty about). I would like to
hear from you, more experienced rubiest, what would be the lightest
env that would allow me to use such Ruby libs (I would like to hear
more options with some pros/cons, so that I can decide which one would
better fit).

Many thanks in advance,

./alex
--