------art_41790_28864273.1153065024284

On 7/16/06, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky <znmeb / cesmail.net> wrote:

> pedro alvarez wrote:
> [Question snipped away]
> If you have Windows machines, I'd recommend using "Instant Rails". It
> comes bundled with Ruby, Rails, Apache and MySQL, so you don't need
> anything else except a browser and some kind of text editor to develop
> your application.

Completely agree for the ease.
However the preinstalled Webrick server and SQLite will probably rock for
you with much less ressources.
But it all depends on what you have already on your box.
Check out the Rails page http://www.rubyonrails.org/ before taking any
decision.

For your question concerning access etc stuff, do not worry, MySQL, SQLight,
Firebird or Postgre on the DB side. On the Web side you have Apache,
lighttpd, Webrick or Mongrel. Really no need to worry about propertyware at
all!!!!!

Cheers
Robert

--
Deux choses sont infinies : l'univers et la bóŐise humaine ; en ce qui

- Albert Einstein

------art_41790_28864273.1153065024284--