Hello,

First let me thank everyone who is responding. This is excellent. I have
reviewed a great deal of the feedback and appreciate it. After reviewing the
example code snippets I came up with the following. I think it represents a
better overall script.

Your thoughts are appreciated:

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
 File.open('phonespec.txt', 'a') do |aBook|

puts <<EOT

Welcome to MyAddressbook. Please follow the prompts.
If you wish to end data entry, you may do so at any time.
Just type the word END into a prompt.

EOT

addrData = Array.new
addrFields = ["First Name", "Last Name", "Phone Number"]

x = 0
loop do
  print "\n\t#{addrFields[x]}: "
  getLine = gets
  break if getLine == "END\n"
  addrData[x] = getLine.chop!
  x += 1
  if x == addrFields.length
    aBook.puts addrData.join("\t")
    addrData.clear
    x = 0
puts "\n\nTo start the program again please type addr.rb\n\tGoodBye!\n"
end