"Mark Hulme-Jones" <mjones / ipx.frottage.org> wrote in message
news:slrn9o9k5a.6so.mjones / ipx.frottage.org...

> the community.  There didn't seem to be such an attitude of "our
> language is the one true way, all other languages are worthless" that
> I'd found elsewhere.  And back then Python people were often saddened to

Maybe those people moved on to another langauge in the meantime ;-)

I don't really qualify in the Ruby/Python discussion as I don't know
Python - but I gave both languages equal opportunity to catch my interest
and somehow Ruby instantly caught my attention.

To the thread in general:
I do not really like arguments such as  "they didn't spend enough time to
learn or understand Ruby", because one of Ruby's great assets is that you
instantly "feel at home".
I honestly cannot see any great features in Ruby that you wouldn't discover
in the short time it takes to read the DDJ article. If you don't get it
then, you'll never get it, or you have something else that works at least
equally well.

Mikkel